Ten reasons I adore Marilyn Monroe:-
1. She owned it. She really did.
2. She was proud of her curves. She flaunted her sexuality. Her sensuality was never cheap.
3. She was as graceful as the Princess of Morocco but, she wore her grace with ease and never let it overshadow her desires.
4. She threw caution to the winds on her quest for happiness.
5. She understood life. She was a go-getter. She believed.
6. She never gave up.
7. She was a smart brunette, smart enough to pull off being ‘blonde’.
8. She was much more than a pretty face. Her wit was biting. Her thoughts, deep.
9. She looked divine. Even when her heart wept from inside. Even when her soul crushed her spirit. Because she was beautiful from within. Despite heartache, despite heartbreak.
10. She died so young yet, she lived a million lives that someone who lived a thousand years may not have dreamt of in their wildest dreams.
My top three Marilyn Monroe quotes:-
“We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets.”
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”
“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”
‘Til next time, then!